My reason for training

My reason for training
just two beach bums

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well...here goes nothing

First, let me preface this first entry with the note that this really is the beginning. Two days before thanksgiving and I have declared that I will force myself to finally get back in shape by registering for a late spring triathlon. Now before you start laughing, this is not the normal, blood and guts triathlon. This is a much shorter version; but I will still be able to label myself as an athlete. I hope to use this experience to motivate me to try a full blown, cry like a little girl triathlon late in the summer.

As it stands right now - I suppose the only way to describe myself is that I'm fat. I stand a statuesque 5'10 and weigh an  earth shattering 240 pounds. Now, I would like make sure it's known that I do carry a better than average amount of muscle. Not quite 240 pounds of it, but more than the average Joe nevertheless. My goal is to trim this down to around 190 pounds by this time next year. Partly to get in shape to race, but more importantly to be around for my beautiful wife and baby girl. I would hate to know I left behind a beautiful daughter because I ate myself to death.

So there it is - short and sweet. I have downloaded a training program, but I will wait till a later date to publish the origin to give me time to evaluate whether it is a logical and workable plan. With the next post I hope to have the first run and swim behind me. If I somehow survive - you will hear about it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment